Last Updated: February 29, 2020.
Prettau Zirconia Bridge The restoration after the All-On-4
The Full-arch Zirconia Implant Bridge and it is the premium restoration after the All On Four implants surgery. The Zirconia implant bridge is the strongest, safest, and the optimal way to rehabilitate the All-On-4.
A Zirconia Bridge after the All-On-4
- If you want an implant overdenture, the first step is the All-On-4 implants surgery.
- After the surgery, we wait four to six months of the Osseointegration period. During that waiting time, the bone will bond with the implants (creating a strong foundation).
- The foundation will allow us to fit on top of those implants a permanent restoration like a fixed, full-arch Zirconia bridge.
You can also find this type of denture implants with the name of "Prettau Bridge" or "Zirconia dentures".
What is a Prettau Zirconia Bridge?
A full-arch Zirconia bridge is a screw-retained implant bridge that sits gently on your gumline.
These full mouth dentures are palateless. It is fitted and secured over the head of the implants (with abutments) previously set into your bone.
Some of the benefits of the full-arch Zirconia Implant Bridge are,
- It does not move or slip
- It doesn't stain
- It is strong enough to let you bite anything you want
- It doesn't chip or cracks
- It looks like natural teeth
- It can last a lifetime!
Why the Zirconia Superstructure Is the Finest Restoration?
The Prettau Bridge is made of Zirconia (Zirconium Dioxide from Zirkonzahn®)
- It is a high-quality ceramic material that creates the most durable and natural-looking dental restoration.
- Zirconia is also a stain-resistant material.
- It is a non-porous texture, and therefore it does not absorb any bacteria or odors.
- Getting Zirconia teeth is a guarantee. It is a reliable, strong, and durable material and you can stop worrying about chips or cracks on your bridge.
The quality of the finish is highly aesthetic; it is almost impossible to recognize from natural teeth! It is the most durable available material for implant dentures.
Where is the Zirconia Bridge manufactured?
Our clinic in Cancun owns a fully equipped digital laboratory and milling center. With only operate with CAD/CAM technology (Computer-Aided Design and Computer-Aided Manufacturing)
We laser mill the Zirconium Superstructure that will lock into the head of the implants (abutments)
To achieve the natural look of your Prettau bridge, our ceramists and laboratory technicians work intensively on the finish. Glazed pink porcelain will naturally replicate the gum line.
Full-arch Zirconia Implant Bridge after care
These tips will help you keep your mouth dentures in good conditions,
TIP #1: To keep your restorations healthy; Visit your dentist (or come visit us) every six months for deep cleaning of the palateless denture and a gum check-up.
TIP #2: To keep your gums in good shape; Wash your prosthesis and gums three times a day. Use mouthwash and Waterpik. Avoid having food particles stuck between the palateless device and the post's head.
TIP #3: Avoid smoking. We need to preserve the gums and post's health as much as possible and avoid any mouth infections or gum diseases.
TIP #4: Avoid eating stuff you would not eat even with real teeth, or don't try things such as trying to open a bottle cap with your teeth, or bitting ice, etc. Take care of your All-On-4!
You should treat your new set of full-arch implant dentures as your original teeth.
Brushing three times a day and mouthwash need to be part of your daily habits.
Also, visits to your dentist every six months for a checkup and a deep cleaning of the Prettau Bridge are necessary.
The dentist removes it (unscrews it) and will do a deep cleaning on it. They will clean the housings and check the health of the gums around the implants too.
You can always come back down to Cancun to get your cleaning and holidays together.
After implant dentures, the only visit to your dentist will be every 6 months to clean your prosthesis or restoration.
Patients call them "permanent teeth" or "permanent dentures" because it is a long-term solution that can last a lifetime.
The treatment will save you money in the long run and you could finally fix your teeth problems.
How resistant is a full arch zirconia implant bridge?
Many patients ask about the Zirconia bridge strength and if it is possible to fracture. You can relax and know that your bridge will not chip or crack by eating any type of food.
Take a look at this video of a hammer test over a set of palateless Zirconia dentures.
This is how resistant Zirconia Bridge is!
Click here to contact us today and get a FREE quote!
Zirconia full arch Bridge cost
- Digital diagnosis with 3D CT SCAN Imaging X-rays
- Four dental implants
- Surgical guides for implant setting and all surgical costs
- Maxillofacial Surgeons and all staff fee
- Temporary healing denture
* The implants surgery is the first part of the All On Four treatment.
Zirconium Full-arch Prettau bridge, Milled with digital CAD/CAM technology.
* The Zirconia Prettau Bridge is the second part of the All On Four treatment. You can also restore it with a Fixed Hybrid Bridge or Clip On Dentures.